expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Friday, June 8, 2012

Bloody History and Frying Pans

Being a student of history and a lover of the Middle Ages in particular, I have a morbid fascination with morbidly fascinating ruthless dictators. (Oh, come on. It's not like I'm alone in this!)

Truth be told, it doesn't even have to be a dictator. As interesting as Vlad Dracula and King Henry the VIII were, sometimes the commoners that don't have a high number of page views on wikipedia are more interesting, specifically because they're less known.

So, here's your historical tidbit for the week: there once was a dictator--no commoner, this one--who liked to find more and interesting ways to kill people. He went so far as to build ginormous, six-foot frying pans to fry his enemies and traitors alive. Nowhere to lie, my friends! You can't make this crap up!

Don't get me wrong, he did other things too: cut people in half, beheading, public hangings, etc., but our buddy Vlad, along with countless others, already had those covered. The frying pan made this guy extra crispy--I mean special!

So, anyone who who he is? I'll give you a few more hints: Middle Ages, ruler, not Vlad Dracula.

Ok, so except for the last one those weren't very specific, but I can't tell you what country he was in 'cause that'd be like asking you which Hobbit I'm thinking of, and then telling you he was a loyal gardener.  I mean, duh!

So anyway, I guess this is a mini-contest. Can anyone guess who this oh-so-jolly, fry-happy ruler was?

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what the answer is, but I'm dying to know. Also, thank you so much for stopping by, for leaving a thoughtful comment (seriously, doesn't always happen) and we look forward to following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob. Thanks for stopping by mine as well! I'll post the answer later in the week!

      Delete
  2. Liesel, I can't imagine who would have been that sadistic....Vlad the Impaler? I going to have to check back for the answer and thanks for visiting my blog!
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not Vlad, but I'll post some more clues tomorrow and tell you who it is by the end of the week! Thanks for reading, Maurice! :D

      Delete