expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, March 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Spring TBR List

**Before I get to Top Ten Tuesday, I just wanted to share something. A blogger contacted me yesterday asking me for links to where readers can buy my book, Persistence of Vision. I went to the Amazon page and look what I found!!!



You may not be able to see this well, but written in green are the words, "Only 10 left in stock. More on the way." I don't know how many were originally ordered--maybe it was only a dozen. No idea--but I think it's safe to say my books are selling. Woot, WOOT! *does creepy author dance*


Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten (Historical and Crime) Books on My 2013 TBR List

For my sci-fi/dystopia picks, see my other blog, Musings on Fantasia.
(All Cover Images Courtesy of Goodreads.com)

Crime-ish Novels:

5. Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman--I've heard such great things about this book!


4. Just Past the Trees by Troy Aaron Ratliff--another that's been on my kindle staring at me forever!


3. Driven to Kill by Gary C. King--Has been on my kindle for close to a year. I enjoy King's straight forward approach to true crime. Excited to finally read this one.


2. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz--This one will be a movie, too, and a friend gave it to me months ago. Plus I've never read DK before. Thoughts?


1. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson--just picked this one up from the library. Yea!



Historical:
5. Wings of Hope by Hillary E. Peak--Another that's been on my kindle forever! I owe it extra love for making it wait so long. :D


4. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel--I just recently discovered this. A retelling of Frankenstein, this could technically go under classics or fantasy, but it's also got a historical factor and I think it looks awesome!


3. The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell--Just my kind of story!


2. The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer--have had my eye on this one since it was a Goodreads best historical finalist last year.


1. Hannibal: Enemy of Rome by Ben Kane--one of my Goodreads groups is reading it this month. It hasn't come in the mail yet, but I'll get on it when it does.


So, what are YOUR Top Ten Spring TBR Picks?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the success of your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic about your book. Congratulations!

    I've not read any from your list but I'm a Jeffery Archer fan and hope you enjoy The Sins of the Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I hope so too. The plot of that one sounds fantastic to me! I hope it's as good as I'm think it will be. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yay about your book! So exciting!

    Oh my gosh The Name of the Star and This Dark Endeavor keep calling my name. Sadly, I don't think I'll around to reading them until the summer. Great TBR list and happy reading!

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica! I'll be reading TNOTS very soon, and hopefully TDE not long after. Happy reading to you as well! :D

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, hope you do too :D

    My Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, you have 10 books on your list I've never heard of before o.O

    Congrats on your book selling! Exciting times :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Lexxie! Happy Reading to you as well! ;D

      Delete
  6. That must be crazy fun and satisfying to see your book selling. Do you sit there and wonder about all the people holding it in their hands and reading it? I would! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to read Beautiful Lies and Name of the Star for a while now, they look so good.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Frankenstein so that retelling looks so awesome! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, This Dark Endeavor is one of my favorite books EVER!! Please read this one as soon as you can. If you love Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and YA books, you'll love this prequel.

    I read both your lists and they're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete