expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, December 2, 2013

Great Reads for Book Marketing Strategy

Lately I've read several non-fiction books about publishing, marketing, upping visibility, and book marketing strategy. I've gotten a lot out of them and thought I would share them. They've got some great information and tips for struggling writers, and I think anyone in this industry would get a lot out of them.


Source
How to Market a Book by Johanna Penn

I just finished reading this one and it's EXCELLENT! A bit long--about 350 pages--but chalk full of great stuff. I've followed Johanna's blog for months, now, and bought this awhile ago, but it's been sitting on my kindle since then. I finally read it and am so glad I did. I literally took five pages of notes that I'm now using to put together a marketing plan for 2014. (I'll talk more about that as we get closer to the end of the year, but I'm definitely looking ahead already.)

I would highly recommend this to any struggling writer who wants to improve their visibility, their book's marketability, and overall improve their sales. I think this is especially for those author's who've established a base but want to step up their game. A great read! 

Kindle edition sells for $5.99. (Link below)
Source

Self-Printed: The Sane Person's Guide to Self-Publishing by Catherine Ryan Howard

This is a great book for the author that's just starting out and needs some direction for building their platform and starting a presence through social media. It explains the basics of things--everything from what the difference between self and traditional publishing is to why a social media presence is important for authors today. The information in is very good and it's very affordable. 

I would recommend it to anyone just starting out, though I'll admit that by the time I read it, I already knew most of the information given. If you've already got a book out, or are otherwise fairly immersed in the publishing world, this might be a little too basic for you.

Kindle edition sells for $4.49 (Link Below)


Source
How I Sold 1 Million Ebooks in 5 Months by John Locke

This book is very short and to the point, and I liked that about it. Locke lays out the techniques that worked for him. His tips are especially great for using blog posts to sell books, and I felt like a learned a lot. Of course, these are also the kind of strategies that work for some and not others. The world of blogging and the internet is constantly shifting and trends rise and fall, so you can't necessarily expect to do exactly what he did and see the same level of success. Still, it doesn't hurt to try and absorb his tips into your own writing and marketing efforts. Definitely worth a read!

Ebook only. Sells for $2.99 (Link Below)


Source
Building Your Book for Kindle by Kindle Direct Publishing

This is basically a how-to manual for formatting an ebook so it's suitable for kindle. A great guide if you've never done it before. If you have, or you use other methods, skip it.

Ebook only. FREE! Yeah!




 
Has anyone else read any of these? What did you think of them? Do you have any suggestions that aren't on this list (I'd love more suggestions for myself to read!)? 

3 comments:

  1. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here

    Social Media Marketing in Karachi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great to see good information being shared and also to see fresh, creative ideas that have never been done before.


    Cloud web hosting Karachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here.

    Ophthalmology
    Surgical instruments

    ReplyDelete