expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, August 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Anxious for Books I Don't Own

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books I Really Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

This one's easy. So many on my TBR list could qualify, but here's the ones I'm most eager about.




Bonus: The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin -- Okay, it's not out until 2015, but it still fits the criteria, yeah? As in, I really want to read it but don't own it yet? :D


10. Crash into You by Katie McGarry -- I actually have Dare You To and haven't read it yet, so once I get to that one, I'll probably buy Crash into You. Officially, I don't like contemporary romance. McGarry is the only author I'll read in that genre.



9. The Dove Keepers by Alice Hoffman -- A historical fiction based around the Masada massacre, everyone keeps telling me how good it is. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 



8. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppell -- A re-telling of Frankenstein. The title alone makes me want to read it. 



7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo -- On my TBR list forever! I thought I had it on my kindle, but it turned out to just be the first five chapters. (Grhhh!)



6. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- Just need to try out Armentrout, you know?



5. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson -- Love Sanderson! Have heard this one is particularly good. I'll get around to it at some point. 



4. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa -- Same as Armentrout, I just hear such great things and want to weigh in on the hype. :D



3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn -- The most-reviewed book on Goodreads for 2013. Something like 28000 reviews, wasn't it? Obviously, I need to read this. Before they make it into a film. 



2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare -- I'm loving this series. Can't wait to read the latest installment. 



1. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor -- I've gushed about this series before. Really need to get the latest installment. :D



What Top Ten novels do you really want to read but not own yet?

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I loved Obsidian, naturally! And Immortal Rules was also an incredible series! Hope you get to read these all at one point and love them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to finish reading TMI series.
    http://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-want-to-read-but-dont-own/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically so do I. (Just book 5. :D) Thanks for stopping by Jazmin!

      Delete