expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, September 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Need to Read More

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More (all covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)




10. The Brothers Washburn -- I read their debut, Pitch Green, when it came out and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I recently received a review copy of Mojave Green and can't wait to read it.




9. Katie McGarry -- I still have only read Pushing the Limits. I have Dare You To on my kindle, but haven't gotten around to it yet.




8. Maureen Johnson -- I read the first book of the Shades of London and really liked it, but haven't gotten around to the others.

7. Jackson Pearce -- When I was doing my mermaid book read-along last summer, Fathomless was one of my favorites. I've wanted to read more of her fairy tale re-tellings since, but haven't gotten around to it. (What else is new?) 

6. Dean Koontz -- One of my writing buddies recommended I read Odd Thomas. Dean Koontz is a well-known author, and it was very different that what I expected, but I still really liked it, even if I almost threw the book against the wall when I read the ending. I'd like to read more of his works. 

5. Kami Garcia -- Still haven't finished the Beautiful Creatures series. I know, I know, it's getting ridiculous now, but I doubt I'll get to them in 2014. I've heard the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books aren't as good as the first, but I have them all on my kindle, and I really liked the first so I might as well read them, right?




4. Jennifer Stewart-Griffith -- A fellow JFP author, I loved her Big in Japan and would absolutely love to read more of her work. 




3. Robin LeFevers -- Loved Grave Mercy and haven't read the sequel yet. Hopefully soon.




2. Orson Scott Card -- I just read Ender's Game before the film came out. I really thought, with all the good things I'd heard about it, I would be disappointed. My expectations were just too high. Nope. Loved it. Want to finish the quintet REALLY bad!




1. Markus Zusak -- Only read The Book Thief, but it was one of the most touching stories I'd read in a long time. Wouldn't mind reading more of Zusak's work in the slightest.






What top ten authors do you want to read more of?

3 comments:

  1. Yesss, Markus Zusak is on my list too!! I really loved The Book Thief (let's face it: it made me cry) and now I definitely need more. I also love Jackson Pearce! I've read 2 of her books, but I'm keen for Fathomless. She does such awesome twists to retellings. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how so many people are mentioning Zusak on their list this week; I forgot to add him on mine but I have been meaning to check out I am the Messenger xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of several of these and some are completely new! I've been wanting to read Ender's Game forever - especially after I finished watching the movie! Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete