expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Follow Friday: First Reads. Again.

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


If you could read a book for the "first time" again, what would it be and why?


Source
One of my favorite classic books is Heart of Darkness, and that's actually surprising given how I first read it. It was introduced to me as a senior in high school. We read it right at the end of the year, and the problem was the teacher didn't leave enough time for us to really get through it. She kept assigning us copies amounts of pages and then not discussing them in class. And it's a difficult book for high school readers. So, I kind of hated it while I was first reading it. If we'd discussed it as we went, I think I would have liked it better. As it was, we had an in depth discussion at the end, and I realized it was probably a great book, and I'd missed out on the nuances. 

I didn't read it again until college and I loved it then. Now I try to read it once a year. I wish I could go back and read it the first time again and really enjoy it, though.

What book would you like to read again for the first time?

15 comments:

  1. Blog hoppin through. Have a great weekend! =)

    Following you on Bloglovin. Appreciate the follow back:

    Opinionated Cupcakes

    Rinny & Kimmy
    Opinionated Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks interesting! Ill have to check it out on goodreads. I've liked your facebook page! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually haven't read Heart of Darkness, but it sounds very good! I'm gonna add it to my TBR :)

    Happy reading Liesel.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo excellent choice! Fantastic book!

    Old Bloglovin follower, new NB follower.

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this.
    Old bloglovin follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting pick. This is new to me but sounds interesting :)

    Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that one. Have a great week.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teachers have a way of doing that sometimes. The same thing happened to me with The Giver in grade school.

    New follower on Bloglovin'. My first FF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read that one...adding it to my list!
    Old follower :)
    Here is our FF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read that one. New follower through Blog Lovin.

    My FF:
    http://mymidnightfantasies.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-follow-9.html

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I vaguely recall reading this one in college.

    New follower via email.

    http://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-friday-187-read-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew you'd have an interesting and relatively unique choice. Fantastic! Old follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of that book.

    New follower via Bloglovin.

    Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, following thru from Parajunkie's FF, and now following you via Facebook & Twitter. You can find me at BookShelves Of Dreams

    ReplyDelete