expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, March 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Popular Authors I've Never Read(All covers courtesy of Goodreads.com unless otherwise linked.)

I actually touched on this last week, but I only listed two and obviously there are plenty more authors than that I've never read. In no particular order:




10. John Green - I'm hoping to remedy this one this year. I've got The Fault in Our Stars on my kindle and hope to get to it in the next month or two.


Source

9. Jennifer L. Armentrout - The Lux series was one of the first that I put on my TBR when I joined Goodreads two years ago. I don't have an immediate plan to read it, but the year is young, right?

8. Gillian Flynn - Really Gone Girl is the only book I know by her, and it's the one that's made her famous, but considering it was the most-reviewed book on Goodreads for 2012, I figure I should check it out.

7. Rainbow Rowell - I really didn't know who she was until just the past few months, but lately her books have been showing up on countless lists, review posts, and others.

6. Jim Butcher - Just another one I hear great things about, but have never picked up.



5. Terry Brooks - I hear much of his work is Tolkien-esque, and I have lots of extended family that swear by his works. The First King of Shannara has been on my bookshelf for probably two years. Guess I really owe it to my book universe to read it, huh?



4. Rae Carson - I have Girl of Fire and Thorns on my kindle. Several of my close blogger buddies rave about this series. Can't wait to get to it.


3. Leigh Bardugo - Uh, ditto. Shadow and Bone is a totally different series and subject matter, but still can't wait to read it. I hear it has a Russian culture feel, which is all kinds of intriguing. Unfortunately, I thought I had this on my kindle, but when I went to finally start it a few months ago, it turned out that what I had was just the first five chapters. Grrrh!
2. Marissa Meyer - My teenaged niece reads The Lunar Chronicles and loves them. Every time I see her with her nose in them, I feel both envious and guilty for not reading them yet. Seriously thinking of doing some kind of fairy tale retelling challenge this summer. It would be the perfect excuse to read this trilogy! :D


1. Patrick Rothfuss - I SO want to read him! I had The Name of the Wind on my shelf for a long time, but this past Christmas I ended up giving it as a gift before I got the chance to read it. You can imagine I was kicking myself something fierce by then!

What famous authors do YOU have yet to read?

21 comments:

  1. Patrick Rothfuss, Terry Brooks and Rainbow Rowell are all fantastic authors, hope you enjoy their books when you get to them! :) And glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten around to John Green's books yet :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, right? I've seen JG on a lot of lists today, so I don't feel nearly so lonely anymore. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Liesel. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Dark Remnant! I can't wait till I can get the next book. BTW., I have read John Green's "Looking for Arizona" and recommend it! I am a big fan of YA fiction. Reading Tamora Pierce and exploring other authors.

      Delete
    3. Liesel. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Dark Remnant! I can't wait till I can get the next book. BTW., I have read John Green's "Looking for Arizona" and recommend it! I am a big fan of YA fiction. Reading Tamora Pierce and exploring other authors.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Marissa Meyer yet either. I feel so guilty about it. I have quite a few of these authors sitting on my shelves that I haven't read. BUT I did read my first John Green last week. So that's a thing.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, go you! I really want to read The Fault in Our Stars before the film comes out. Hopefully I can get to it! :D Happy Tuesday!

      Delete
  3. I put off reading Eleanor & Park for a really long time--I figured it just couldn't live up to all the hype. I was wrong! It was one of the best books I read last year! However, I'm avoiding reading John Green for the exact same reason . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel ya. There's always the worry over expectations. Glad you liked E&P, though. :D

      Delete
  4. I've only read one author from your list, John Green. I think this weeks lists are so interesting, so many authors to be introduced to. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! So many authors, so little time. *Sigh* :D Thanks, Kelly!

      Delete
  5. #2 & #3 are also on my TBR list. I have read the first book in the Covenant series by JL Armentrout! Great list, hope you get to them soon :)

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list if you want to check it out!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JLA is one of my faves! It took me awhile to start her books as well, but once I did, I was sold for life!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, I guess she's right up your alley, isn't she? I hope to pick up one of hers later this year. *crosses fingers* Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Cool. Great minds think alike, right? :D Thanks for stopping by, Cora!

      Delete
  8. The only ones from your list I have read are John Green and Jim Butcher. Very different, but both are awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier, Liesel. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of these, I've only read Gone Girl. I'm afraid my review wasn't as glowing as many, but it's still a good read. Every now and again, I read a book that is oh-so-popular in the mix of my indies and others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, we should start a Rothfuss read-along! Maybe I'll finally be motivated to sit down and read his books. :) I really enjoyed Gone Girl, but haven't read her earlier books. I love Jim Butcher! The Codex Alera series is terrific, and I get such a kick out of Dresden too. So much here to enjoy -- great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gone Girl made my list too! I've been curious about that book for a while. Especially since it won an goodreads award. And of course, I' m a huge fan of Rainbow. I actually enjoyed Fangirl more than E & P. But both were excellent. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm now following you on bloglovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read one of Jennifer L. Armentrout's series! I have read her Cursed novel but I don't hear the praise about that as much as her series! Gillian Flynn is AMAZING. I recommend Dark Places more than Gone Girl, it's such an incredible read! And Shadow and Bone. I resisted the hype until January and finally picked it up. And it's seriously worth every wonderful word it gets, Leigh Bardugo is an AMAZING author!

    ReplyDelete