expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday: Books

Thoughts for Thursday is a new feature hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

This week's them is books and reading. (Why haven't I done this theme before?)


"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."--Jane Austen

"Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."--Maya Angelou

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."--Abraham Lincoln

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."--Dr. Seuss, I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!

"Books are the ultimate Dumpees; put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back."--John Green, An Abundance of Katherines
What is your favorite quote? Do you have one to add?

3 comments:

  1. Great list, this is one of my favorites!
    “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest boy just got "I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!" It's pretty good stuff.

    ReplyDelete