expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Top 2013 Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2013. All covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise posted.


10. The Host by Stephenie Meyer--I wanted to read this one before the film came out, but didn't know how much I'd like it. Kind of had low expectations, I think, but then I ended up enjoying it immensely. Such a well-written dystopian!


9. Pitch Green by The Brothers Washburn--a horror story free of explicit content, but still suitable for both adults and YA. Such a flowing, engrossing read, I couldn't put it down.


8. Fairy Godmothers, Inc. by Jenniffer Wardell--Probably the funnest, and in many ways most original one I've read. I grinned through the entire thing. Every girl who every pretended to be a princess as a child just HAS to read this one! 


7. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson--A thoroughly unique and entertaining book. I haven't read the sequel yet, but hope to soon. 


6. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce--I'm reading lots of mermaid books for my summer reading challenge, but so far this has been my favorite. SUCH a great, well-written re-telling of the Little Mermaid legend. I kind of want to read it again! :D


5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone/Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor--I'm not a big fan of angel/demon books, but these are so well-written that you can't help but care about the characters and the romance. So great!

Source
4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia--I wasn't a fan of the film, but the book was delightfully entertaining. I'm hoping to read the rest of the series in the fall--hopefully September. Can't wait!


3. Under the Never Sky/Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi--probably my second favorite dystopian series. 

Source
2. Partials and Fragments by Dan Wells--I think this is my favorite dystopian series (aside from my own, of course. :D)

Source
1. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson--I'm sure you're all shocked by this one, right? The final, epic, battle-filled volume of my favorite series of all time? And it came out in January? Yeah, totally gonna be my favorite for the year. :D


So, what are your top ten favorite books you've read this year?

18 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I read The Host, but I remember absolutely adoring it. Under the Never Sky was awesome! The sequel is on my list, too. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Becca. Yeah I can't wait for book 3 in Roth's series. The cover is already out and looks fabulous! :D

      Delete
  2. The Host is a brilliant book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great TTT(: I love Through the Ever Night :D
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read the Beautiful Creatures. Great picks!

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked Beautiful Creatures. Very interesting but also entertaining. Kept me laughing and engrossed. Hope you like it when you get around to it.

      Delete
  5. Thrilled to see The Name of the Star on your list! It is on my list too... I checked out the sequel but just couldn't read it- I wanted to leave the characters where they were at the end of the first book. Great list! (Scarlett & Lunar!! AH!! On my list too!) I read Under the Never Sky last year and it became one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to read more Maureen Johnson! :D

      Delete
  6. We really want to start Dan Wells's series! Glad to see it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually haven't read any of these, but I own several of them. I wonder how it would feel if I was able to actually read all the books I own!

    Great list Liesel :)

    Here's my TTT post for this week.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read The Name of the Star! Sometime this summer I will tackle the Veronica Rossi series.

    Thanks for stopping by Literary, etc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great books!!I haven't read the Host yet, because I don't think I will like it all that much, since I don't like that genre, at all.
    And I've heard that the sequel for the Name of the Star isn't as good as the first one. Which is a shame.
    My TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-23_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of the books in the list I'd read "The Host" and "Beautiful Creatures" and probably would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Beautiful Creatures. While it didn't make my top ten I did enjoy it. Like you, I did not like the movie. The Host is one I need to read eventually. Happy Reading!
    Here are my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to read Through the Ever Night, The Name of a Star, and Fathomless.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete