expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, June 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books in my Beach Bag this Summer (All covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked.)

I don't know if I'll even see a beach this summer! Hopefully so. We'll see. These aren't particularly beachy reads, but they're the top books I have lined up to read this summer, so if I DO make it to the beach, I'll definitely take a few of them. My theme is to either 1) finish series I've started 2) read books by authors I like that have been on my kindle WAY too long, or 3) read a book I have by an author I've never read but have been meaning to get to.



10. Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy -- I LOVE Cormac McCarthy, even though he's kind of hard to stick with. This one's been on my shelf forever and I really need to get to it!




9. Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher -- Never read Jim Butcher (I know, gasp!) but this book has been sitting on my shelf for years!



8. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss -- Another one people cry sacrilege at me about because I've never read him. Maybe I'll finally get to this book this summer.





7. The First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks --Really need to try out Terry Brooks. 'Nuf said.



6. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K.Rowling) -- I bought this ebook back at Christmas time. Time to actually read it now.



5. Dare You To by Katie McGarry -- Loved Pushing the Limits, but that's the only McGarry I've actually read. Time to remedy that!



4. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce -- First read Pearce's Fathomless when I did my mermaid read-along last summer, and man can she write a fairy tale retelling! Can't wait to read this one!


3. The rest of the Ender Quintet by Orson Scott Card -- I just read Ender's Game for the first time a few months ago and loved it. I really want to finish the chronicles now. 




2. The rest of the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia -- I've GOT to get to these. It's been way too long. 




1. Enclave/Razorland series by Ann Aguirre -- I plan to start this next week, so it's definitely getting read this summer!






What books will be in your beach bag this summer?

3 comments:

  1. All new to me reads! Hope you get a chance to read some of these this summer!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I haven't gotten to Enclave, either!! thanks for reminding me about it-- there are so many to read!!

    Here's my TTT for this week!

    ReplyDelete