expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, December 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays: New-To-Me Authors of 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014 (All covers and author pics courtesy of Goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)

I don't have many of these. I did a lot of re-reading and reading authors I already know and love this year. I guess I need to make a goal to read more new authors next year. LOL.


4. Robert Galbraith -- yeah this is totally a cop out because it's really J.K. Rowling and I love Harry Potter. But...technically it's a different author on goodreads, right? :D



















3. John Green -- I read The Fault in our Stars and really loved it. (Haven't had a chance to see the film yet, though.) I'll definitely be reading more John Green in the future.



















2. Rachel Vincent -- I read the entire Soul Screamers series at the beginning of the year and was surprised how much I loved it. As most of you know, I'm not someone who's terribly into YA. It's not that I don't like it, but I'm VERY picky. That said, I really loved Soul Screamers. Definitely worth a read!



















1. Brandon Sanderson -- Okay, another cop out. I had technically read Sanderson before because he finished the Wheel of Time series when Robert Jordan passed away. But this was the first time I'd read something that was wholly his. (And I loved it, btw. The Stormlight Archive is awesome!)



















There were a few more new authors I read this year, but the others I didn't really like so I can't put them on a top ten list in good conscience. 

How about you? What top ten new-to-you authors did you read this year?

16 comments:

  1. John Green. John Green. John Green . Don't you love him? Read LOOKING FOR ALASKA next! Check out my TTT@Head Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to do that. And yes, I really loved TFiOS! Thanks Anne! :D

      Delete
  2. I still need to read The Cuckoo's Calling. I've had it for a while now but not got around to it! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good. Hope you like it! Thanks Chrissi! :D

      Delete
  3. I also didn't read many new authors this year. Goal for next year, most definitely. Great picks. Thanks for sharing.

    here's mine

    I also have a $30 gift certicate to Amazon giveaway, so check that out if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee! Your first one got me laughing! LOVE Rachel Vincent! If you like Paranormal for adults--though the heroine is in her young 20s--her Shifters series is soooo awesome! It was one of my first "adult" reads and I LOVED it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely liked SS to read more of Vincent's stuff. Thanks Jessica! :D

      Delete
  5. I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars!!! I just realized that I forgot to add John Green to my list... I'm going to have to edit that!! Here's a link to my TTT list for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty impressed by him, too. Hope to read more of his stuff. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  6. Have not read any John Green and don't know that I will even with all the praise. I really need to finish the Soul Screamers series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's fantastic. I loved it! Thanks Kristina! :D

      Delete
  7. I totally love Brandon Sanderson. I have a stack of signed books to prove it! My new favorite is Steelheart--I like a little humor with my dystopian super villain novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one yet! I hope to get to it this year, though! Thanks JoLynne! :D

      Delete
  8. I read The Fault in our Stars last year, and I saw the movie this year - it's really well done! Even if I cried a lot more than I would have if I hadn't read the book... my daughter thought something was wrong with me :D
    Great list, Liesel.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Gotta love when your kids say stuff like that. Yeah, I still need to see the film. Glad to hear it was good. Thanks Lexxie! :D

      Delete