If you've signed up for the My Favorite Martian blogfest, be advised that it got pushed back by one week. One of the hosts ended up having a scheduling conflict. So, still post about your favorite alien, but do it on January 21st instead of 14th!!!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's subject: Top Ten Bookish Goals
1. Read at least 50 books this year--that's basically one a week.
3. Finish books 2 and 3 of my Kremlins series and send them in to my publisher--the skeletons of them are written but they need to be fleshed out and some major editing love!
4. Finish books 2 and 3 (out of 5) of my Interchron series and send them in to my publisher--almost done with book 2 and planning book 3 so I'm on track with this one! Yea! :D
5. Plan out books 4-5 of the Interchron series--Don't know if I'll get the whole series written by the end of the year, but at least I can get it planned out.
6. Write how-to guides to major social networking sites for authors and entrepreneurs--I'll put updates for these on my blog but hope to get at least 1-2 out by the end of the month, so watch for them!
7. Put together and sell a collection of short stories online--not sure whether to sell short stories separately or as an anthology. Thoughts?
8. Double my blog following--would be sweet!
9. Double my Facebook following--hopefully! This is the network where I have the most trouble budging my stubborn numbers!
10. Double my Twitter following--this will probably be the easiest. Instructions for authors forthcoming! :D
So what are your top ten bookish goals for this year?
Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)!
Last weeks RMQ was:
There's a story... a legend, about a bird that sings just once in its life. From the moment it leaves its nest, it searches for a thorn tree... and never rests until it's found one. And then it sings... more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. And singing, it impales itself on the longest, sharpest thorn. But, as it dies, it rises above its own agony, to out-sing the lark and the nightingale. The thorn bird pays its life for just one song, but the whole world stills to listen, and God in his heaven smiles.
This was said by Richard Chamberlain in the '80s miniseries, The Thorn Birds, which was inspired by the novel. Great story, if a bit dated, now. If you like tragic, die-hard historical fiction, this is for you! No one guessed it, though.
If this were Afganistan, you would be pulled backwards through the streets by mountain goats with your hands cut off... just saying.
One point for actor, one for character, one for film. Any guesses?