expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Friday Follow--Non-Original Stories


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 


Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


*My answer is the same on both my blogs this week.*
This is kind of a loaded question because the answer is always going to be a continuum. Of course I don't like anything that's completely recycled. It's always obvious when that's what's going on. On the other hand, I actually really like fairy-tale retellings, as long as they put their own twist on things. And, if we're being honest, all stories in a given genre have similar concepts and backgrounds. I'm not big on fan fiction, but then I've never read much of it. If it was well-done and had come from a source I was really in love with, I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. But I'm definitely NOT a Fifty Shades sort of person. :D

How about YOU? Do you mind non-original stories?

***If you haven't yet, don't forget to check out my Giveaway!***

14 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I like fairy tale retellings too. It's like you're in on a private joke.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done right, a re-telling of a fairytale can be great. Getting an original slant on a on old theme is the difficult part. New follower. Here's mine: My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liesel,

    I'm enjoying this blog hop, which is what brings me to your site today.

    Kind regards,
    Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fairy tell retellings! The ones I read pretty much always put a different spin on it! I love the older series that was written by a lot of authors, it was called Once Upon a Time series--or on one book it was! They pretty much told the fairy tale in a whole new way that was just awesome.

    I don't mind other books with similar themes and ideas, because it is hard to be original with all the books that are already out there. But you can take the same idea and totally make it your own and I like seeing that and I see it a lot with the books I read!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer!
    Thanks for checking out My FF
    New follower via GFC :)
    Samantha @ the secret life of a bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower, but had to see how you answered the Question. wel stated, my friend!
    bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
    Happy Reading!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for stopping by my site :)
    Marissa @ http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fairy tale stories can be great as long as they don't try and get cruel or sadistic. Reinvent it, but don't try and destroy my childhood memories! Great blog hop Liesel. I'm not a 50 shades person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My answer is similar to yours! lol
    Old follower. :-)
    Megan @ BooksiView

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! And NOT a 50 Shades kind of girl either. :)
    Sarah@ Sarah's YA Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by. I'm following back :)
    @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always thanks for stopping by! Old follower of course. I got a new blog name and look!

    -Amanda P
    Where the Night Kind Roam (Formally Paranormal ROmance)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following you back! :) Happy Reading!

    Lindsey www.thebookguru.ca

    ReplyDelete