expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday -- 11

Image credit: 
devor / 123RF Stock Photo

So how was everyone's Halloween? I hope you answered fun, safe, and full of sugar. Those are the best kinds, after all! As for me, I had a blast (even if I will probably be scrubbing oily make-up residue off my neck for the next two days! :D I had a fun day at work, took my niece trick-or-treating cubicle to cubicle. (It was her first time going so it was fun to see her figure it out.) Then I went down to my dad's for dinner, took my brothers around briefly, and then all the adults went and saw Paranormal Activity 4. I didn't think it was as scary as some of the earlier installments, but I still enjoyed it. What did YOU do for Halloween?

Anyway, on to today's meme:


Thoughts for Thursday is a new meme hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Readers may respond by either commenting on the quotes I put forward or contributing a quote of their own. I'll include a linky list, or you can just respond in the comments.

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

This week's theme is scars.  I did more quotes than usual this week. As a writer, I often use outward scars to show inward character. Scars are a road map of a person's life, and I think they're a great way to show layers in a character. There are so many great quotes about scars. I could have gone on for pages! Try googling it sometime. These are just a few.


"Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real." --Cormac McCarthy
"The marks humans leave are too often scars." --John Green, The Fault in our Stars
"The wound is the place where the light enters you." --Rumi
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessons. But it is never gone." --Rose Kennedy
"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole." --China Mieville, The Scar
"Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going." --David Rossi
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." --Douglas MacArthur

Which quote is your favorite? Do you have one to add? What do you think of these?

1 comment:

  1. I liked the David Rossi one. Several are similar. I guess this theme goes with Halloween??? Sounds like yours was fun.

    ReplyDelete