expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, April 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Book Boyfriends! (Yea!)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character (All book covers courtesy of Goodreads.com)


10. Richard Rahl of The Sword of Truth series--a hot and a powerful wizard with a powerful sword to boot. What's not to love? :D

Source



9. Horatio from Shakespeare's Hamlet--relegated to the best friend/sidekick role, but I totally loved him. He was so loyal and so sweet. Totally wanted to marry him after reading the play! (And the fact that he's one of the only survivors is quite convenient as well.)

Source












8. Duval of Grave Mercy--you'd probably have to read it to understand, but loved him. :D


7. The Beast from Beauty and the Beast--any version. Always loved him! :D

Source












6. Gawyn Trakkand from Wheel of Time--a relatively minor character but he was one of my faves from the very start. 




5. Jon Snow from A Song of Fire and Iceseries--awesome guy, hot, might end up being high king (it could happen!). 'Nuf said.


Source




4. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice--I think we'll see him a lot today.

Source













3. Marcus from Persistence of Vision--totally no objective about this one, but whatever! As my good friend, Jernae, said, "Yeah, he's a total man-stud." :D


2. Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre--kind of standoffish at first but lovable anyway!


Source













1. al'Lan Mandragoran from Wheel of Time series--best guy EVER!!!

Source













Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Source


Last time's RMQ was: "It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting." This was said by Timothy Dalton playing Neville Sinclair in the film, The Rocketeer. I think I saw this movie when I was seven or eight years old! Such an old movie, now. :D No one guessed this one.








Today's RMQ is:
"Kill a Queen and all Queens are mortal. We mortals have many weaknesses: we feel too much, hurt too much, all too soon we die, but we do have the chance of love."

One point for film, one for actor, one for character. Good luck! 

28 comments:

  1. You found a good number from fantasy books -- I struggled a bit with that genre. I almost included Beast from Robin McKinley's Beauty, though. Here's my TTT list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I love me some fantasy book boyfriends! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love so many of your choices. I have Tyrion (though I have some serious love for Jon) and Mr. Rochester on my list. I also included a Shakespeare character (Benedick). When I was younger, I always thought the Beast was more handsome before he was transformed. I considered Prince Eric/Little Mermaid to be my dream prince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Benedict too! I thought the same thing about the Beast. I think it has something to do with kids and not liking change. LOL. I was never quite as big on Eric, though he's my sister's favorite! Thanks for visiting. :D

      Delete
  3. Mr. Darcy was the first one to come to mind but I didn't include him since I thought he was a given :) Love him! Here are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he IS a given, but I've neglected him for like the last ten lists, so I figured it was high time to give him his due. :D Thanks Debbie!

      Delete
  4. OH Duval. I didn't love Grave Mercy too much, but I loved him!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I think that it should go without saying that Mr. Darcy is the picture of dreaminess! I didn't put him on my list though....*hangs head in shame* But he is always in my heart! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's kind of a given, but I've been neglecting him a lot lately so I wanted to be sure and put him on this list! :D Thanks Danielle!

      Delete
  6. This is a really fun meme! I see my fictional fantasy has already been taken. :( Oh, yea! I'm all about Mr. Darcy. He was totally my first crush.

    Hopping over as one of Matt's minions. Looking forward to seeing more of you during the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is really fun. I think I probably do too many memes on my blog, but they're just such fun I have a hard time saying no. :D Thanks for dropping by. I'll check out your challenge post as well. :D

      Delete
  7. Yes! I was going to list Mr. Rochester, but I'm not sure I've entirely forgiven him for the wife-in-the-attic. Plus the he wasn't nearly as dishy in the book as your movie version up there. Hubba hubba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I do think I like him better for having seen several very appealing movie versions of him. :D

      Delete
  8. I completely forgot about all the classic guys. How can I do such a thing to them.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my classic guys, but I do tend to neglect them a lot so I figured it was high time I gave them some love. Thanks for visiting. :D

      Delete
  9. Great list! I have a book crush on Jon Snow as well *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happens to the best of us. :D Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. I went with Ned Stark, but yeah, any of the Westeros crowd would be welcome!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was young, I would have yearned to be Nancy Drew hanging out with one of the Hardy Boys (Shawn Cassidy, anyone?). Now? Probably a James Bond, sweep me off my feet kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love DARCY! He's amazing. :)

    Also, totally agree about the Beast from Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Mr Rochester! Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classics! NEW FOLLOWER

    ReplyDelete
  14. You chose folks from some mighty good books...but then you already knew that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree about Duval and Lan. (Lan is one of my primary motivations for continuing to trudge through the Wheel of Time series, really.)

    ReplyDelete