expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, April 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Pre-Blogging Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger

10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

9. Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage--even if you aren't religious, this book is full of wonderful, detailed insights about biblical culture and historical context.


Source
8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte--no explanation needed here, right?


Source
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee--a classic. What can I say?


Source
6. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens


Source
5. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis--one of the lesser known, lesser read Chronicles of Narnia, but one of my faves.


Source
4. The Once and Future King by T.H. White


Source
3. A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin--I love this series, but book 3 was by far the best one, so I'll go with it. Incidentally, this is the book that they're on with the HBO series this season. ;D


Source
2. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad--I read this at least once a year because I love it. Need to schedule it still for this year. :D


Source
1. Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson--I know everyone's sick of this answer from me, but I read all except the final book (because it wasn't out yet) before I started blogging. It would be boring to just list each book in the series, so I'll just list them as one. :D


Source
What are everyone else's favorite pre-blogging books?

20 comments:

  1. The Horse and His Boy- I had completely forgotten about that book. I apparently need to go back and read my Narnia books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was one of my faves of the Chronicles. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. So #8, absolutely agree, no explanation needed. I'm about halfway through Storm of Swords right now and it is my favorite one so far. Of course, Pride and Prejudice is classic for a reason, it's wonderful. I've been wanting to reread Heart of Darkness as an adult, but I haven't had time yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 1/2 way through SoS? Just wait until you get to the end. You might scream. Not telling why. :D Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Auste, Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine(yes, the series) and the Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor.
    Those where some of the best reads I had before becoming a blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think to put HP *slaps hand to forehead* but I totally agree. I've never read the Morganville Vampires, but I believe book 1 is on my TBR list. :D

      Delete
  4. Pride and Prejudice, The Horse and his Boy, Jane Eyre and To Kill A Mockingbird are all books that I adored when reading them (even if it took me many many years to finish P&P). I'll have to check out some of your other books listed that I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Hope you like any of the others you check out. :D

      Delete
  5. OH wow! You have some really great books on your list. Though I did try to read the Once and Future King once and just couldn't get through it. I ended up giving it to my sister who loved it!! Here is my list: Top Ten Tuesday.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I had to read it for school, otherwise I might not have finished it the first time, but I was so glad because now it's one of my favorite books! :D Thanks for visiting. I'll check out your list too!

      Delete
  6. I am in love with P&P. Its just so great. I also hope to read Jane Eyre soon, I really want to read some Bronte (That sounded very weird).
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I understood it. You should totally read Jane Eyre, though. One of the best classic novels out there! I always say I've never seen a film version of JE I haven't liked. Sure, I might prefer how one did something to how another did it, or one actor over another, but I've never seen anyone totally butcher it. I think it's because JE is such a great story, it's almost impossible to get it wrong. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great list! I just reread Jane Eyre last week -- I'd forgotten how great it is! I agree about Storm of Swords. Amazing book. A Tale of Two Cities has been a favorite of mine ever since reading it in high school a long time ago. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list Liesel! Going with the classics! I love Pride and Prejudice and a Tale of Two Cities. My friend tried to get me to read the Wheel of Time series a long time ago, but I just never did.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see your list, I'm motivated to get out and read more classics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Liesel! Awesome list of books here!! The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite Narnia book, but The Horse and His Boy is also so good. I've been blogging for three years now, so I can't remember which books I was reading before I started. I'll have to take a look at my Goodreads history!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to say it, but I DO NOT like Heart of Darkness. It's one of my least favorite books. Love P&P and Jane Eyre, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love The Horse and His Boy! I haven't thought of that book in a loooong time. Time for a re-read now I think...

    Have fun with a-z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. To kill a mockingbird is an awesome book. The horse and his boy was actually my least favourite Narnia Book. Personally I loved the Magicians Nephew :)

    ReplyDelete