expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Follow Friday--Books and Halloween Movies!

Welcome to Follow Friday

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!  


Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness...


The one that came to mind for me is an older true crime book written by Patricia Cornwell about Jack the Ripper. It's called Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper--Case Closed. In this book, Patricia Cornwell, world-renowned forensic pathologist and crime novelist applies forensics to the Ripper case and actually comes up with a viable suspect. I LOVED this book. As someone who is drawn to true crime and fascinated with serial killers, I couldn't put this book down! She goes into Jack the Ripper's psychology, why he was the way he was, and the particulars of the case--very gruesome. It reads like a particularly great episode of CSI. The book even contains crime scene photos from the turn of the twentieth century. They're old, but still terribly horrific! And, I gotta say, she makes a great case. I totally believe it was who she concludes it was! Not telling who--you'll have to read it to find out! :D I would love to see Cornwell's investigation made into a creepy Ripper film. 

How about YOU? What book do YOU think would make a great Halloween movie?



*ANNOUNCEMENT: JFP'S CREATIVE FRIGHTING CONTEST IS IN FULL SWING! GO TO THIS WEBSITE, READ SOME AWESOME SHORT STORIES, AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE! I HAVE ONE IN THE RUNNING! IF YOU LIKE THEM, PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! THERE ARE PRIZES FOR RANDOM VOTERS! THANKS!

25 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before but it definitely sounds like it could make for a good movie! New follower (Frodosco - GFC). If you would like to check out my FF you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this either but does sound like an eerie read!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Cornwell constantly but don't know if I read this one. Thanks for stopping by, old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Jack the Ripper! Great choice! New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool book! I picked one based on Jack the Ripper too. But I love that this is a true historical perspective on the crimes. I would love to read this one! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'll definitely check out your Ripper book too! :D

      Delete
  6. Good choice! Jack the Ripper would the scare the crap out of me!

    Thanks for stopping and have a great weekend
    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook
    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome book! I love books based on true historical facts like this too!
    New follower!
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Souds creepy! Thanks for stopping by; old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to read this, but actual photos?! I'm not sure if I can handle those >_<

    And thanks for following! I followed back :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the photos definitely creeped me out! Thanks for following back! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  10. This one sounds good to me.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That book sounds so good. I need to read it now.
    My F&F.
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/10/friday-56-6-friday-feature-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness! Old time London and a Serial Killer my type of book!! Thanks for stopping by! Great choice!!

    Elle@ Love Big Read Big

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old style! Nice, individual choice! New follower via GFC!

    Cia

    http://www.ciasstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just may have to read that book now. Sounds good!

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good twist on The Ripper! I read one where he was a demented vampire once! Loved it! Great choice this week!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
    Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
    Happy Reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have never heard of this book before.

    New follower.

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an excellent choice! I would love to see it as a movie!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-and-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant choice, Jack the Ripper stories are SUPER creepy and this would make it a perfect Halloween movie! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my FFF New follower via Networked Blogs

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh...that does sound very scary! New follower via GFC :) Witchy Reviews FF

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! New follower here! I love that you are going to add a movie quote to the end of all your posts! Great idea. I might have to join in on the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Old Follower. I haven't read that one yet :)
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete