expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday (9)

WELCOME TO THOUGHTS FOR THURSDAY!


Image credit: 
devor / 123RF Stock Photo
Thoughts for Thursday is a new meme hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Readers may respond by either commenting on the quotes I put forward or contributing a quote of their own. I'll include a linky list, or you can just respond in the comments. (Didn't do this this week but I'll start linkys up again next week. Just comment and if you want to participate, put a link to your blog in your comment! Thanks! :D)

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!


This week's theme is something we all love and have in common: READING!



"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." --Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!


"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading." --C.S. Lewis

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." --Francis Bacon

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." --Ray Bradbury

"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad." --George Bernard Shaw


What do YOU think? Which quote do you like most? Do you agree/disagree? Do YOU have a favorite quote about reading?

4 comments:

  1. The one that really caught my attention was by Bradbury. It made me think of the way we're all on our iPods and phone, etc, and not reading. Yikes. But my favorite quote was the Dr. Suess one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I think those are my two favorite ones too! :D Happy Thursday! :D

      Delete
  2. Quotes about books and reading are my favorites! My favorite of these is the Dr. Suess one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Dr. Seuss quote!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete