Oh so many orders of business today!
First off: Thankyou Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou...a million times thank you to all those who participated in my Persistence of Vision blog tour. It's officially over! There may be a few later reviews and posts that we couldn't fit into the official tour, and I'll post them as they come, but the tour, for all intents and purposes, ended last week. The book is doing relatively well for a debut novel, and I know it's because so many supportive, enthusiastic bloggers were willing to feature me. So, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. More than I can say. Thank you. Thank you. Okay, one more time and I'll stop. THANK YOU!!!
Second: I just uploaded my first and only short story to Amazon for sale. It's a high fantasy story that concerns with dragons entitled The Hatching--A Short Story. It's actually a prequel to a WIP of mine which will be a high fantasy series. I don't expect the first volume to be out until sometime in 2014, but I wanted to upload the short story now. Partly just to do it, because I've never uploaded anything for sale to Amazon before, and partly because I had it, so I might as well get people reading it. If you have a moment, check it out. :D
And here are the latests signings and events for me. These are all available on my books site, as well (interchron.tateauthor.com). I also know that most of you are out of state, but if anyone's in Utah in or around these dates, PLEASE come see me. I'd love to meet you! :D
- Book Signing at The Wise Owl Bookery (4850 Harrison Blvd in Ogden, Utah) on March 23, 2013 from 12-2 pm.
- Signing at Hastings in Logan, Utah (50 E 400 N) on March 30, 2013 from 4-7 pm.
- Book Signing at Hastings (340 E 525 N, Ogden, Utah) on April 12 from 3-5 pm.
- Book Signing at Barnes and Noble in Layton, Utah (1780 Woodland Park Dr) on April 13, 2013 from 1-3 pm.
- Write for the Heights Literary Workshop at Whitmore Library in SLC, Utah (2197 Fort Union Boulevard). I'm a presenter for a workshop entitled Creating the Big Opening.
- Speaking to Wasatch Writers (a chapter of the League of Utah Writers) about Traditional vs. Self-Publishing. This will be at the Clearfield, Utah library.
Finally, there are several writing events/conferences coming up that will be awesome!
Dates: May 10-11, 2013
I haven't actually been to this one before but I've heard awesome things and I'm planning to attend this year. Should be great!
Details here: http://ldstorymakers.com/conferences/2013-conference/
Annual League of Utah Writer's Conference
Okay, this one won't be until September, but I LOVE this conference, so I thought it was worth mentioning! :D
So that's all for me today. What about you? Does anyone know about any writing events coming up soon that I've missed? Be sure to check out the Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest on my other blog, Musings on Fantasia! And have a great Monday!