expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Shelf Sitters + RMQ

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf (or my Kindle?) Unread

Many of these were on my spring TBR list, but that's because I'm trying to get through lots of books I've had for a long time but haven't gotten around to. Mostly just due to time constraints and other books taking priority. (All covers courtesy of Goodreads.com)




So what are your top ten shelf-sitters?


Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)


Source


Last time's RMQ was: "The man that passes the sentence should swing the sword." It was said by Sean Bean, playing Eddard Stark in Game of Thrones. This one was guessed by Beth at YA Vixens and the girls at Literary, etc. I don't have you guys down on the RMQ pages yet, as I'm a bit behind, but I'll get you up there soon. Great job!




Today's RMQ is:


"It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting."

One point for film, one for actor, on for character. Any guesses?

6 comments:

  1. Liesel I'm also wanting to read Shadow & Bone and Insurgent. Soul Screamer Series and Eve are also fantastic reads, hope you enjoy :D

    My Top Ten

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow and Bone is amazing! Hope you get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl of Fire & Thorns was also on my list. The Soul Screamers series is awesome!! I can't wait until the last one comes out.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to wait until the trilogy is complete to embark on my Divergent journey, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out... At least I have kept myself from buying them and letting them fester on my shelves (for now). Small victories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, so I'm a little behind you on the process of reading Shadow and Bone since I really really want to, but haven't been able to buy it yet because of my book buying rules (read two off the shelf before buying another). I'm hoping I get a library copy soon (on the hold list) so that I can read it :D Of course that reasoning is one of the reasons I haven't gotten to many books on my shelf to begin with haha!

    Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Girl of Fire and Thorns and Shadow of Bone. I have heard really good things about them. I just recently picked up Shadow and Bone, so maybe I will read that one first. Because, you know, I shelled out the money for it :)

    ReplyDelete