expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Follow Friday--Horrible Covers


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 

Go to Alison Can Read for the featured blogger!


Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?


As a teenager I read a lot of Jack Weyland. For those who don't know, he's an LDS romance author. I haven't read him in years but lots of LDS high school girls like his stuff. His most famous novel is called Charly, and it's actually a very good--if also very tragic--book. To this day I still love the story. The cover, not so much. I had this book cover in my parents' house for twenty years and I think my sister still has it. I always thought it was creepy. Chick WAY too close for comfort; eighties hair; one eye bigger than the other... 

*cringes* "Stop staring at me!"

How about you? What cover makes you cringe?

20 comments:

  1. It definitely is a weird creepy cover. I don't think I would read this book just because of the cover. Too Weird lol. Here is My FF

    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Like I said, it's a good story. Luckily I had good recommendations BEFORE I saw the cover. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You are right! That is creepily creepy. I do not think I would go near this book if I saw it this book I would not go near it, but it does sound good though.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Roxy! (And for agreeing with me! :D) I'll do the same.

      Delete
  3. The cover is a little creepy. Thanks for stopping by my post! Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by earlier **Followed you back** :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her eyes are staring into my soul. Not in a good way! I'm returning the follow! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy eyes much? Wow. Yea, that's a bad one. Following back!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks for following back! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  7. Ha! I remember reading Charly when I was 13. Funny thing, I didn't remember it being so creepy back then. But yeah, she's totally weirding me out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah luckily the story isn't creepy so if you can get past the cover...Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. She is too close, and you can't really tell what it's about. Thank you for following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. The eyes just follow you! Eek! Great choice.

    Returning your follow via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok that cover would give me nightmares! Creepy.

    Thanks for following and stopping by my FF!
    Following you back. :D
    Sorry for the late response. I have had Internet issues.
    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Internet problems are the worst! Thanks for following back! :D

      Delete