expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Blog Feature: Random Movie Quotes!


So I'm adding a new feature to my blogs:

RANDOM MOVIE QUOTES!!!


Let me explain. No, is too much. Let me sum up. (*wink, wink*)

My entire family LOVES both TV and the movies. We all have Random-Movie-Quote-Terets. As in, we blurt out movie/tv show lines in random conversation. This is totally normal at my house. Others who witness it are all kinds of stupefied. And it's not always obvious quotes, mind you. Some of them are ridiculously obscure. Of course, WE all know what we're talking about, but no one else does.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to end my blog posts with a random movie quote. All my readers get to guess where it came from. You get 1 point for being the first to guess which movie the line is from; 2 points if you can identify the character and/or actor that said it. (I.e. If one person gets the movie but not the character or actor, someone else can pick up the second point for that, but not for the name of the film once it's been guessed.) And of course I'll announce the winner or winners the following day!

Keep track of your points! I'll endeavor to do the same, but I can't promise anything on my busier weeks. I haven't worked out all the prizes yet, but it will be something like 25 points = a bookmark. 100 points= ...um, something cooler. 250 points=free book, etc. Once I have all the prizes worked out, I'll post them!

Anyway, be on the lookout starting tomorrow for Random Movie Quotes! Have fun! :D

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, we do exactly the same in my house. It's especially fun when others haven't seen the movie and they have no idea what you're on about! I'll definitely give your quotes a try some time!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete