expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Pushing the Limits Read-Along--Week 4 and RMQ

Here is Week Four Questions for Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. Random Movie Quote is below.

Getting toward the end of the book! :( Here's this week's questions/answers:


1. At a certain moment, Echo tells Noah that she feels safe with him. Echo thinks that because of this comforting feeling, she may be able to finally have a full night of peaceful sleep. Why do you think it is important for Echo to feel Safe? and why no one else but Noah has been able to provide this to Echo?

A: Everyone needs to feel safe. No one would sleep well otherwise. This is perhaps especially important for Echo, though, because the people should have felt the most safe with--her parents--betrayed her, so she's forever insecure. I think Noah provides this for her because he understands. He's the only one who knows the entire truth of what happened and doesn't judge her for it.

2. Beth, Noah's friend, also have a very complex life situation. plus she also do drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?


A: Beth is blinded by her prejudice toward rich kids. She thinks Echo has been handed everything on a silver platter her entire life. She can't imagine that a spoiled rich girl would know anything about pain. When Noah tells her that Echo is going through a hard time too and explain's why, Beth is shocked. Her entire outlook toward Echo will probably now change. 

3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (specially when there are kids at home) do you now about? List a few! recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)


A: The only thing anyone can do is be vigilant. Open flames should not be left unattended and, even if a child knows how to use matches/candles, they should still be supervised.

4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo? 


A: I don't know that you can hold Ashley responsible for this. Whatever she did was self-serving, but it had nothing to do with Echo. Her father, on the other hand, while not responsible in a vindictive way, is definitely guilty of neglect. No doubt he was putting his own desires above the safety of his daughter. That said, I think it was a very human mistake and that he's truly regretful of it. I think he's doing what he can to make up for it and I actually feel very sorry for him. 

5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...[y]ou love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?


A: I think she thinks she's being self-sacrificing. I think this is a true sort of love being she's being selfless and putting his desires before hers. Yet, I also think it's a flawed way of thinking. If they really wanted to make it work, they could, and it wouldn't even be that complicated. I think she's still hiding behind an excuse because she's still too afraid of being hurt to completely trust Noah and join her life to his.



Random Movie Quotes (RMQ) !!!
Don't know what this is? Click here.

No one guessed yesterday's RMQ. I'm kind of surprised. It's was from The Dark Knight. Harvey Dent (played by Aaron Ecklheart) says the first line and Rachel (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) says the second. Come one guys! That wasn't hard! :D

Today's RMQ: "I want him dead! I want his family dead! I want his house burned to the ground!"

Obviously this guy has some anger issues. Three possible points: one for the film, one for the actor, one for the character! Bring on the guesses everyone! :D

2 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same thing with Beth. And I think she was afraid that Echo would hurt Noah, like she was just using him or something.
    I don't think her dad is really guilty of being a bad parent, but I do think that he should have shown her he was regretful of his own actions before she remembered it all. She never would have reacted so extreme if she'd had an idea of his 'part' in it.
    Awesome answers!

    ReplyDelete